Skip to main content

Final Reflection

What did I learn?
In this workshop, I've learned of several different interesting tools that I can use to supplement with my current instruction. Applications such as Bitmoji and Google Drawings can add a level of flare and creativity to lessons and student feedback.

For the most part I did not come across any major challenges during this workshop. I found it extremely helpful that may different applications allowed a google login (which I already had). I found that this allowed me to easily sign up and navigate the different things I explored.

What's Next?
After completing 5 posts in this workshop, I'd like to continue exploring more that Cool Tools has to offer. In the select few topics that I looked at I found some really helpful tools that I can apply to my practices. I'm looking forward to continue to explore what other tools are out there and how I can implement them into my classroom.

Reflection on this type of learning:
I found this workshop to be unlike many that I have encountered before. There is a great amount of freedom in the curriculum that allowed me to choose topics of interest. As a learner, motivation is key. I found myself much more motivated when I was able to choose which things I wanted to explore. Additionally, the exploratory aspect of the workshop was enjoyable. Rather than being told exactly what was to be completed, I was allowed to explore different applications at my own pace and find my own uses for them.

Altogether I found Cool Tools to be a rewarding experience and look forward to implementing what I've learned in my classroom.

Comments

  1. Wonderful to hear that the workshop was a success for you. And that the flexibility was motivating. Thanks for participating! Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun

I had a fun time playing around with Bitmoji. There were so many different options, I did not find it difficult to make a character that resembled me. The one thing that a really like about Bitmoji, along with the customizable avatar, is the countless number of emotions the avatar can convey. I think these would be awesome to use as stickers to provide feedback to my students. They provide light hearted feedback that I think students can relate to. I know several of my students have their own Bitmoji's that they use in texts and other forms of social media (snapchat, facebook, etc.) I can see how a student would find more enjoyment and value in being awarded with a tiny sticker of a cartoon version of their teacher to acknowledge a job well done rather than a traditional gold star.  I also found it really helpful that Chrome allows you to install Bitmoji directly onto it, making it easy to insert them within documents. Just writing this blog I was easily able to search

Thing 01: Getting Started

I'm Alex Perry. I am in my 7th year as a Special Education/Mathematics teacher in the district. I currently work at the Leadership Academy. A coworker told me about this program and all of the cool things that it offered, so I decided to check it out. I was drawn to the freedom of choosing topics of interest that Cool Tools allows. I'm looking forward to learning some new things that I can use in my practices.