Skip to main content

Thing 4: Twitter

Twitter is the one form of social media that I never quite took the time to understand. Now that I have had some direction and time to explore, I am impressed with the amount of information available. Users add hashtags that organize their tweets into topics. A simple search offers several different resources from all kinds of individuals. When searching #tlchat and #edchat I found several different lesson ideas, available resources and interesting topics surrounding education. While I'm not sure I found anything I could use directly in my classroom, I'm sure with some more time to explore I'd come across several pertinent materials.


I personally do not have a Twitter; however, I could definitely see myself getting one sometime soon. I think Twitter would be a cool medium to connect with students and families to communicate assignments, announcements and different school functions going on. I think our current forms of communication are dated. People do not always want to be bothered with robocalls or random letters mailed to their door. But twitter would be a useful way for them to stay in touch with the technology they use every day.

Comments

  1. Glad you took the time to explore twitter and found some useful information!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun

I had a fun time playing around with Bitmoji. There were so many different options, I did not find it difficult to make a character that resembled me. The one thing that a really like about Bitmoji, along with the customizable avatar, is the countless number of emotions the avatar can convey. I think these would be awesome to use as stickers to provide feedback to my students. They provide light hearted feedback that I think students can relate to. I know several of my students have their own Bitmoji's that they use in texts and other forms of social media (snapchat, facebook, etc.) I can see how a student would find more enjoyment and value in being awarded with a tiny sticker of a cartoon version of their teacher to acknowledge a job well done rather than a traditional gold star.  I also found it really helpful that Chrome allows you to install Bitmoji directly onto it, making it easy to insert them within documents. Just writing this blog I was easily able to search

Final Reflection

What did I learn? In this workshop, I've learned of several different interesting tools that I can use to supplement with my current instruction. Applications such as Bitmoji and Google Drawings can add a level of flare and creativity to lessons and student feedback. For the most part I did not come across any major challenges during this workshop. I found it extremely helpful that may different applications allowed a google login (which I already had). I found that this allowed me to easily sign up and navigate the different things I explored. What's Next? After completing 5 posts in this workshop, I'd like to continue exploring more that Cool Tools has to offer. In the select few topics that I looked at I found some really helpful tools that I can apply to my practices. I'm looking forward to continue to explore what other tools are out there and how I can implement them into my classroom. Reflection on this type of learning: I found this workshop to be unlik

Thing 24: Google Drawings

I had a lot of fun playing around with Google Drawings. At first I went through a couple of the examples and tried my hand and creating a planet of my own after watching an instructional video. Afterwards I played around a little bit and tried looking at ways I could use this in my classroom. I found that this tool would be an excellent beginning of the year activity for students to introduce themselves. The ability to search the web for countless images to add to you drawing would be great for an electronic collage. I especially liked the transparency features that allow you to drag and place items over a background. It made the drawing more crisp and professional looking.